I splurged a little yesterday and bought a blender. My inaugural blender recipe: a delicious and nutritious smoothie/milkshake concoction. This is a great mid-afternoon snack and would also be a quick breakfast.
Kefir Power Smoothie
- 1/2 a frozen banana
- 1/3 cup kefir (I use nonfat)
- 1 square dark chocolate, crushed
- 3 walnuts (peanuts also work well)
- a tiny tad of honey for sweetness
- Chop/crush chocolate and nuts.
- Put everything in a blender and blend until smooth. If there are chunks left it’s okay — they’ll taste delicious when you get to the bottom of your drink.