As 2012 comes to a close, I have been planning to write a “year in review” post. A fellow Ukraine PCV posted a great one yesterday and I was inspired to snag an idea or two from her (thanks, Kristen!).
2012 by the numbers:
- blog posts published: 69 (70 including this one)
- books read: 30-35
- countries visited: Ukraine (well I was living there), England, Czech Republic, Poland (very briefly), Germany, Belgium, USA
- boyfriends gained: 1 (and no need for another!)
- miles run: 1,008.6 (that is just .2 miles more than 2011…what are the chances?!)
- races run: 3 (2 half marathons and a 5K)
- time in the USA: 53 days
- time in Ukraine: 365 – 53 days – travel time = ±290 days
- memories made: too many to count
What else can I say about 2012? I just looked back at my intentions for 2012 (written at the end of 2011) and was pleasantly surprised to see that I accomplished/achieved pretty much all of them! It was an exciting year: new experiences, visitors to Ukraine, meeting friends abroad, some tragedy, big transitions, and more. I learned a lot about myself and feel like I grew as a person — if only in that amorphous, hard-to-pin down way.
And now my intentions for 2013, non-exhaustively and in no particular order:
- Learn my way around a new city (London).
- Live frugally in an expensive city / take advantage of free and inexpensive opportunities there.
- Get a bike and start cycling more, for commuting and exercise.
- Remain balanced by continuing to eat healthily, exercise (run/yoga/swim/bike), and make time for myself.
- Start an MA program in English literature (this should happen, as long as I get accepted somewhere).
- Stay in touch with friends and family near and far. (Write me letters — I’ll write you back!)
What are your intentions for 2013?