This colorful, healthy, and filling noodle salad is basically a hybrid of two other recipes: it has some similar ingredients to this noodle salad and is dressed with this amazing miso-sesame concoction. I love it because it makes enough for leftovers the next day and is quick enough to throw together on a weeknight.
- One Year Ago: Scallion Biscuits with Whipped Goat Cheese & Tomato Salad and Mesir Wat Lentil Stew with Zesty Yogurt
- Two Years Ago: Reflections and Resolutions
- Three Years Ago: Holidays (Свята) and Censorship isn’t the answer — my thoughts
Soba Noodle Salad with Miso-Sesame Dressing
- Noodle Salad:
- 250g buckwheat (soba) noodles, cooked as per the package directions, then rinsed and tossed in oil
- 1/2 red cabbage, chopped small
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced into matchsticks
- 1 red pepper, sliced into matchsticks
- 1 cucumber, sliced into matchsticks
- Miso-Sesame Dressing
- Cook the noodles according to the package directions, then rinse them well and toss them with some neutral oil (I use sunflower oil).
- While the noodles are cooking, make the dressing by whisking together all the required ingredients (click the link above for dressing recipe).
- Chop/slice all the vegetables and put them in a large bowl.
- When the noodles are ready, pour the dressing over them and mix thoroughly. Add to the vegetables and mix carefully until everything is coated with dressing. Serve cold or at room temperature.