By now it’s late spring and this post has been waiting in the wings for too long. A while back, I was nominated for the Sunshine Award by tea and sesame — thank you, Sam! I don’t usually post award nominations, but this one had some fun questions attached which I thought might interest some of you.
When receiving this award, here are the rules on what happens next:
1. Include the Sunshine Award icon in your post and/or on your blog
2. Link to the blogger who nominated you
3. Answer 10 questions about yourself
4. Nominate 10 other bloggers to receive the award
5. Link to your nominees and let them know you nominated them
6. Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer
- What do you look forward to most when you first wake up? Seeing the wonderful person in bed next to me, and my first sip of coffee.
- Are you a ‘night’ or a ‘day’ person? Definitely a ‘day’ person — my brain turns off after 11pm.
- What is your dream job, and why? Teaching English literature or English as a Foreign Language to undergraduates or adults.
- What would you like to see on my blog in future? More great recipes.
- What was the last dream remember having? I had a weird dream last week about my teeth crumbling and falling out — it was quite distressing.
- Flowers or chocolates? Flowers, because they’re more personal. Chocolate is too dangerous…
- What other hobbies do you have aside from blogging? A non-exhaustive list, in no particular order: reading, running, cycling, yoga, cooking, singing and other musical things…
- When was the last time you did a handwritten letter, who was it to? I wrote a letter to a friend last week.
- What cheers you up on a dreary day? Listening to some nice tunes and/or eating comfort food like mac & cheese or chicken & dumplings. And cuddles, of course.
- “A picture paints a thousand words”- post a picture that you like and explain why. I took this photo of the dirt road along the Prut River, where I ran multiple times a week for two years while living in Sniatyn, Ukraine as a Peace Corps Volunteer. This picture sums up the beauty and positivity of my experience there.
Now here are 10 blogs that I enjoy reading and get inspiration from (in no particular order):
My good friend Hannah is blogging about her Peace Corps/Georgia adventures at Letters to Root Beer
Sasha at WonderLust always writes insightful posts about life as an expat
Sarah at Read.Teach.Travel documents many adventures from a year in London
Sara at happy lists change lives writes intelligent posts on things she cares about
Kristen at borscht and babushkas writes smart and hilarious posts about her Peace Corps/Ukraine experiences and beyond
Frugal Feeding has consistently good — and frugal! — recipes
Rachel Phipps has a sunny take on life
London Cyclist offers great tips and tricks for cycling in the city and in general
Abby at Straight Up Yoga continually inspires me
Chocolate Covered Katie has healthily indulgent recipes and a positive take on life
10 9 questions for my nominees to answer:
- What inspires you to blog?
- When you were a kid, what did you want to be “when you grew up”?
- Regular potatoes or sweet potatoes?
- What would you like to see on my blog in the future?
- What do you usually eat for breakfast?
- Sweet or savory?
- What is your favorite time of day, and why?
- Do you prefer hot or cold weather?
- Where would you like to be / what would you like to be doing in 10 years?